CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 17, 2010

Tis the season' for...ear infections, gingerbread houses and all car carts to be gone

On the docket today:
1. Dr. appointment for yet ANOTHER ear infection (Luke this time). This time it was so bulging that it was about to burst. He had some really scientific medical terminology for it - but "super bad ear infection, good thing you brought him in right away" would have worked just fine.

2. To the store to get yet another bottle of antibiotics for my poor boy - but I think we finally found one that doesn't tear up their system and make them beg for the pain of the infection over taking medicine (I know you all want to know what it is, so just ask and I will share my discovery...ooh, and it's only once a day!). No car carts were available (simply because they were being used by all the mom's with 1 child...yes, I know your little kid probably wants to "drive," but seriously people, this is key to my survival. Throw your kid in a regular cart and give them paper plates and tell 'em it's a steering wheel. I'm joking...not really, but moving on) The pharmacy gives balloons to all the kids which in theory would be absolutely fabulous, but in reality my kids start fighting over which color and how many they get and become quite unruly. Anyway, long story short they all try to blow up their balloons in the store and pierce holes through them with their teeth. Crying ensues. Happy day.

3. Build gingerbread houses. Ya, ya, I know I'm crazy. So crazy in fact that I just spent eleven dollars to buy a "gingerbread choo choo train" for it to crumbling before our eyes as we made it. The kids were sad, but quite elated when I threw my hands up in the air and told them to just go crazy and eat all they could in ten minutes. So, now onto homemade ones - well, homemade for me. Chocolate milk boxes with graham crackers on them covered with (good) frosting and (good) candy. Hopefully these will be better...if not, hopefully they will at least taste better.

4. Make a super hero cave for Luke in his room. Yes, so fun. For Luke it's an awesome little hide away. For me, it's going to be my tool for him to use when he gets angry and needs to escape before he makes bad choices with his words or his hands. My precious, tender hearted, kind, loving little boy gets quite frustrated very quickly and needs some outlet...that wont get him into major trouble. So super hero cave it is. Let's pray my tent making ability triples in size before they wake from nap.

5. Finish Christmas shopping...and maybe get a quiet dinner at my favorite Greek restaurant ever (well, my favorite restaurant period) thanks to some great friends. I'm relieved that we successfully pulled off a party for Lily making her feel like a queen, and now we have successfully done Christmas on an incredibly tight budget this year. However, I'm still racking my brain on how we as a family can make it about Jesus as a whole instead of cramming the nativity story wherever we can find time. I want our kids to be grateful and not greedy...hmmm, still pondering.

6. Frosty the Snowman is on tonight and we will let our kids stay up and watch. Popcorn and hot chocolate perhaps? Tis the season, so probably.

On days like today, when it's relatively calm but just very full, I'm so thankful that God gave me the life He did. I love my kids. I love my husband. I love God - and right now, I'm so thankful that He gave us Jesus so we could celebrate each year such an amazing miracle.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Eschelle Westwood Mumfection

HA i did the same gingerbread train! super fun!

Sarah

The ear infection sounds so painful. I remember having them a lot as a kid and it was awful. We did a pre-fab gingerbread house kit this year. That's about as homemade as I'm willing to go with a 2-year-old doing the decorating :)

Post a Comment