CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dear Recession, please be done. Thank you.

What I'm learning during this time of unemployment during this stupid recession:

1.  Having a job, no matter how crappy it is, is wonderful.  Get over yourself, and be happy you have a paycheck.

2.  Having a family is more important than having money.  Remember that even though money and the lack thereof may be stressful, that taking it out on your family is counterproductive.

3.  God will provide.

4.  Humility can be and is painful at times.  Embrace it, I think there may be lessons to be learned in that place.

5.  Thank God for programs that I have always written off as programs for lazy people - once again, humility can be painful, but lessons can be learned if you are willing to be taught.

6.  Who you are on paper may mean a lot, but who you are as a person is worth significantly more.

7.  Having a home, even if it's not luxurious and beautiful, is wonderful.  If you have a roof over your head, be thankful...there are people who don't.

8.  God still exists - and even though your crisis is huge to you, there are bigger crises going on.  God is big.

9.  That in those moments of closed doors and what seems as failures, it may be easy to turn against each other.  Instead, take those moments to remember that you are in it for better or worse...rich or poor.  Get over yourself and work together.

10.  There are lots of things to do, crafts to be done, and adventures to go on that don't take money.  Kids don't need to be burdened with financial troubles...but they can learn that not everything needs to be expensive to be wonderful.

11.  God will provide.  Somehow...but therein lies that whole humility thing again.  Gosh, it's painful.

12.  Hugs are sweeter, meals tastier, and home is more comfy when every single blessing is being counted.

The recession sucks.  Being unemployed sucks.  But I will not doubt God.  I will not doubt His love or His faithfulness.  I will not let it attack my marriage, or my family.

Now Recession, please be done.  Thank you. 

4 comments:

Martha A.

I am sorry that you are struggling with unemployment. I know all about that! I know that I am super thankful for any jobs, however small amounts of money they make as little bits sure help!!!

Taylor

I am sorry for the uncertainty you have right now! I hope God will provide a job soon. Thank you for the reminders of how blessed we are-with or without a paycheck! And thank you for the reminder that God is good.

EatDrinkBeRunning

You have such a great attitude. I was unemployed for a year and then went back to work making a lot less money but have a lot more flexibility. Time with family really is priceless. I hope you find something soon.

Hungrigyrl

You have such a great attitude. I was unemployed for a year and then went back to work making a lot less money but have a lot more flexibility. Time with family really is priceless. I hope you find something soon.

Post a Comment