CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 10, 2010

Daddy knows best

Emma ran downstairs with a panic in her voice.  I turned to her and with finger up her nose she said, "I have something up my nose." 
My sarcastic inner voice that I have learned to keep quiet on most occasions thought, "Ya you do. It's called your finger."  But with my more motherly voice I instructed her to go tell her daddy about it. 
Emma was worried when she walked up to Dave.  He looked and couldn't see anything, so he had her lay down.  I looked at him with a bit of surprise and asked if there was something actually up her nose.  There indeed was.
I have heard of this happening.  A little boy will stick a pea up his nose or as one of my friend's told me today a Kix and then they have to go to the hospital to have it removed.  But a girl?  A pretty little princess?  I was very confused.  Then my husband who takes great delight in his "snot rocket" abilities that he mastered as a youth pastor, imparted some of his talent to Emma.  She sat there, calmly in her daddy's presence, as she blew it out of her nose.
Low and behold, it was a bead, a purple bead to one of her necklaces that Lily had pulled apart.  How fitting.
Just another day in my life - but as I thought about it today...or at least for the couple hours that it was my facebook status I realized something.  Emma was panicked, but when she was with her daddy, getting direction from him - she was calm.
How often in my world am I in panic mode, hurrying around like a chicken with my head cut off?  How frequent are the times when I work myself up into a tizzy and forget to go ask my Daddy for direction. 
It led me to these verses:

Psalm 18:1-3 (NIV)
1 I love you, O LORD, my strength. 2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.  He is my shield and the horn [a] of my salvation, my stronghold.3 I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.
Philippians 4:6-7 (The Message)
6-7Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

And after being reminded, in the weirdest way I know, that I need to return to my Father and let Him guide, protect and love me - my day was pretty fantastic.  And I think Emma learned her lesson, however Luke promptly followed Emma's example and began to shove something up his nose until he chickened out, thankfully.  But really, I'm so much calmer when I realize that God knows everything and is in everything - and He has all the answers to my troubles and concerns. 
So I ask you, today are you worried about something?  Are you panicked, confused, scared?  Go to your Heavenly Father, and He will direct you...

0 comments:

Post a Comment