CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mary Poppins and Mr. Wonderful

Mary Poppins reassured me today that she is not going to fly away anytime soon with her cute little umbrella.

Let's all take a deep breath.

And hold onto your seats, I went to a movie last night.  And guess who watched the four monkeys!  DAVE.  If you don't understand the gravity of this event, let me please explain to you.  Dave has NEVER watched all four children by himself...EVER.  But even more than this, he took on putting them to bed.  Daddy took on bedtime, all by himself.  I mean, usually, I'm outnumbered 4 to 1.  But Daddy putting them to bed - that's the equivalent of 10 babies and 1 adult.  Big time people.  Big. Time.

Ok, but it doesn't stop there.  Mr. Wonderful, after seeing me in my "I need out of this house before I lose my sanity" mode, goes to the store and to further confirm to me that he is more than happy to send me off to the movies buys me candy.  Lots and lots of CHOCOLATE candy.  Be still my heart.

Oh, we aren't done yet folks.

Dave, I love him with all my heart, when watching just two of our kids has a problem with the phone.  You may be asking, "What do you mean, Melissa?"  Well, friends let me give you an example.  I went to a women's bible study one night.  I left 3 of the 4 kids with him - and when I left they were all in bed (not sleeping) but in bed.  Within thirty minutes of being at the bible study he had called me four times.  Yes, four times.  My friend who was leading the study actually had to tell me that I wasn't leaving - that it was good for him.  Well, I'm not so sure how good it was for Dave, but it was good for me. 

But last night...There were no phone calls until the last ten minutes of the movie - and instead of saying, "You need to come home now," he just said, "Finish your movie, but I'm sitting outside - so please come home when the movie is done."

He did great.  However, when I got home, none of the kids were sleeping (except for Will, but he's still perfect), Dave was stressed out, and my vacuum was broken - which will lead to a further post, but regardless...I got to get away, and the kids were all asleep with fifteen minutes of me being home, and Dave has a little better understanding of what my "job" entails.

And Mary Poppins?  Well, after last night, I'm pretty sure she will have an opportunity to work her magic very soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment