CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Say what needs to be said

A week ago tomorrow a friend from high school decided to go on a sightseeing trip to Glacier.  Him and his three friends never made it and they passed away in a plane crash.  On Thursday there was a prayer vigil for him where friends and family shared memories and told stories about his character for all to treasure. 

As I was driving home to my family that night I began to think if that was me - if I was the one who was gone suddenly.  Would there be anything left unsaid that needed to be said?  Would my kids know that I loved them?  Would my husband know that I adore him?  Would my friends and family know that I treasured them?  Would people know what was important to me and what my heart beat passionately for?  It became all too clear on Sunday that we never know when our time here is up - and that I better use the time I do have effectively.

I started thinking about how I use my time and what I spend my time doing.  I began thinking if the things I did were purposeful.  And then I thought about this.  This here blog.  My outlet to share all my insanity and joy from being a mom to four amazing little kids who I love and being a wife to their daddy who I adore.  I mean, where else can I talk freely without interruption about the maple syrup and olive oil breakfast that my son made for me while I was sleeping - or the football field my daughter decided was a forest as she pulled her pants down and peed?  However, the reason I can find joy (most of the time) in all of this is what really matters...and so I'm going to pay a little more attention to it.

As you know, if you have spent any time reading the blog, I am a Christian.  My relationship with Jesus is at the core of who I am.  With that said - I know some of you...a lot of you...who read this do not have that type of relationship.  Either you can't swallow all the things that Christians claim Jesus did, you have been hurt badly by people who are very religious, or you simply just don't see the need for it.  And I understand, I really do. 

Let me be the first to say - religion and relationship are totally different.  Religion is rules and regulations where freedom is not found.  Relationship is love and complete freedom within that relationship.  I don't like religion.  Religion turns me off, and I think it has turned off a ton of people from what really matters...Jesus.

So, I have decided that every Tuesday (seems like a nice, random day) we will be doing a little bible study action.  And it's not going to be a deep, bible study where you have to dress up pretty just to read it - but it's going to be real, raw, inquisitive...I want it to be something that you who are Christians will join us and be challenged in your relationship, but more importantly, I want it to be a day where you who don't call yourselves Christians will feel free to ask the questions you have always wanted to ask but are afraid of the judgment you would receive.

So post your questions on here, message me, or post on the Facebook page for The Joyful Jungle.  This Tuesday will be the first one - any questions or things any of you are wondering about - any questions you want answered regarding REAL Christianity?  I am not a bible scholar, but I am a believer, and for the questions I don't know the answers to - I know where to go to find them.  So join me, I think it can and will be pretty cool.

And maybe, quite possibly, no one will read my blog anymore on Tuesdays.  But that's ok - because if I was to die suddenly, I would have said what I needed to say.

Is there anything you need to say that's been unsaid?

0 comments:

Post a Comment